When you have already made up your mind to go for your skin treatment through fillers, you need to adhere to the following steps for ensuring that you have a hassle-free treatment.
Tips for Pre-treatment care
- You should not drink any type of alcoholic beverages 1 day prior to your treatment. This is because drinking alcohol can thin your blood and chances of bruising may go up.
- Do not consume any medication that may thin blood or is anti-inflammatory in nature for a fortnight prior to your treatment of fillers. Some supplements and medications like Aleve, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, fish oil/Omega 3 supplements, St. John’s Wort, ginseng, ginkgo Biloba, vitamin E and aspirin along with some other NSAIDS can thin your blood, which aggravates the possibilities of swelling and bruising after the filler injections are pricked.
- You should schedule your appointment for Dermal fillers in Singapore at least two weeks before a special occasion or event that you will be attending, like a vacation or a wedding.
- It takes between 4 days to a week to see and feel the results of a dermal filler injection. This means, you need to do a proper planning before scheduling your appointment for the filler treatment.
- Stop taking Retin-A two days prior to your treatment and two days after it is done.
- You may have to reschedule the appointment a day in advance in case you develop a blemish, cold sore or a rash on that area.
- Are you prone to cold sores quite often? If you do have a history, you need to inform your doctor or health provider so that they can give an anti-viral medication to you before starting the treatment.
- You need to have a filling breakfast, which should include food and drink prior to the procedure. When your stomach is full, possibilities of lightheadedness will reduce during the treatment.
- If you are pregnant or nursing your baby, you should avoid going for this treatment.
Post treatment tips
- Unless told by your doctor, too much mobility or massage of the area treated should be avoided.
- Do not indulge in any form of strenuous exercise for 1 day after the treatment,
- Stay away from excessive heat or sun’s rays for 3 days after the procedure,
- In order to avoid swelling, do not consume alcoholic drinks or salt in excess.
- In case you observe swelling, a cool compress can be applied for 15 minutes every week.
- Tylenol can be used in case there is discomfort.
- You should sleep with your face up and in an elevated posture when you have swelling.
- Arnica can be taken for treating swelling or bruising and should be started at least 48 hours before the injections.