When you have already made up your mind to go for your skin treatment through fillers, you need to adhere to the following steps for ensuring that you have a hassle-free treatment.
Tips for Pre-treatment care
- You should not drink any type of alcoholic beverages 1 day prior to your treatment. This is because drinking alcohol can thin your blood and chances of bruising may go up.
- Do not consume any medication that may thin blood or is anti-inflammatory in nature for a fortnight prior to your treatment of fillers. Some supplements and medications like Aleve, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, fish oil/Omega 3 supplements, St. John’s Wort, ginseng, ginkgo Biloba, vitamin E and aspirin along with some other NSAIDS can thin your blood, which aggravates the possibilities of swelling and bruising after the filler injections are pricked.
- You should schedule your appointment for Dermal fillers in Singapore at least two weeks before a special occasion or event that you will be attending, like a vacation or a wedding.
- It takes between 4 days to a week to see and feel the results of a dermal filler injection. This means, you need to do a proper planning before scheduling your appointment for the filler treatment.
- Stop taking Retin-A two days prior to your treatment and two days after it is done.
- You may have to reschedule the appointment a day in advance in case you develop a blemish, cold sore or a rash on that area.
- Are you prone to cold sores quite often? If you do have a history, you need to inform your doctor or health provider so that they can give an anti-viral medication to you before starting the treatment.
- You need to have a filling breakfast, which should include food and drink prior to the procedure. When your stomach is full, possibilities of lightheadedness will reduce during the treatment.
- If you are pregnant or nursing your baby, you should avoid going for this treatment.
Post treatment tips
- Unless told by your doctor, too much mobility or massage of the area treated should be avoided.
- Do not indulge in any form of strenuous exercise for 1 day after the treatment,
- Stay away from excessive heat or sun’s rays for 3 days after the procedure,
- In order to avoid swelling, do not consume alcoholic drinks or salt in excess.
- In case you observe swelling, a cool compress can be applied for 15 minutes every week.
- Tylenol can be used in case there is discomfort.
- You should sleep with your face up and in an elevated posture when you have swelling.
- Arnica can be taken for treating swelling or bruising and should be started at least 48 hours before the injections.
Hi, Welcome to my blog! I’m a risk taker, entrepreneur and opportunist. Venturing into the pest industry has been one of the toughest move that I have made, but the rewards are fruitful. This platform records my adventurous journey in the industry and as an entrepreneur. Hopefully my sharing will inspire more of you to be risk takers and change makers!