Today people are living busy lives and don’t pay much attention to their health and well-being. With the world becoming a global village with changing needs and wants, everyone is struggling in their lives. With the result that respite and rest have become away from their lives. We are habitual of working day and night and paying no attention to body signals and signs indicating the arrival of trouble.
This tiring routine can very well damage the body parts, especially bone structures and anatomies. Bones are essential components of our bodies and mainly protect the entire body organs and act as a shield.
Any injury or damage to the bone or bone structure means injury and damage to that part of the body. If at any stage in your life, you feel being threatened by the bone injury, you need to consult a specialist for that matter.
Who is an Orthopaedic Surgeon?
Orthopaedics are surgeons that specialise in the treatment of bone related injuries and conditions and carry medical license for diagnosis, rehabilitation and treatment of different injuries and musculoskeletal diseases. This includes both surgical and non-surgical treatments for people belonging to all ages.
They mainly look after the joints, bones as well as spines from weakness/numbness, meniscus tear, joint dislocation, ligament ruptures/tears and muscular tearing. After thorough analysis and examination, the doctor recommends surgical or non-surgical treatment to fix the issue.
Main Types of Orthopaedic Specialists/Surgeons:
Orthopaedic is a diverse field and it covers a large number of areas like ligament, bone, joint, muscles etc. Keeping this in mind, there are some sub-specialities within the main orthopaedic domain.
- Orthopaedic providing sports services
- Orthopaedic treating spine issues
- Orthopaedic providing Musculoskeletal tumours issues
- Services concerning Hand surgery
- Orthopaedic providing paediatric services
- Orthopaedic providing foot as well as ankle services
- Treatment of trauma issues
- AR, i.e., Orthopaedic dealing in Adult reconstruction including surgeries of both knee replacement and hip replacement
Areas that require attention of Orthopaedic Surgeons:
When some orthopaedic surgeons in Singapore were approached to ask about their experience of dealing with different patients, they disclosed having faced common issues and disorders in these areas:
- In the back
- In Hands
- Head side area
- In the Tummy
- In Neck
- shoulder areas
- In the Limbs
Common Orthopaedic Issues in Singapore:
Some Orthopaedic surgeons have shared orthopaedic trends and related issues arising in Singapore on a faster track. They claim it to be owing to people not paying attention to their body signals and some leading busy lives. The common issues shared by some surgeons are as follow:
- Patients above the age of 50 years and so feel joint and knee issues, sometimes asking for rapid knee replacement.
- Recurrence back as well as neck problems, which also includes regeneration of the bones and joints in these areas
- In the case of small patients, like less than 15 years of age; Orthopaedic surgeons have shared using smart devices for the treatment of common issues.
There might be some issues that require first aid, where some issues end with the use of surgical procedures. It is an orthopaedic surgeon who examines and then decides which method to use for ensuring timely and early recovery for their patients.